Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Event Coordinator Job Description
We are looking for an Event Coordinator to manage events throughout the whole process. You will oversee all elements of event planning and management. You will discuss the scope and budget with department directors and organise all the details, including securing the venue, arranging food service, entertainment, transportation, and staffing for the event. We expect you to manage each phase of the event to ensure it runs smoothly and to close out all vendor invoices once the event is over. Our ideal candidate has at least two years of event planning experience and has a long history of coordinating successful events.
Event Coordinator Responsibilities
- Discuss the event budget with management and staff
- Research venues and vendors that fit within budget
- Negotiate contracts with vendors
- Oversee each part of the event to ensure it runs smoothly
- Schedule staff and other crews for the day of the event
- Process all invoices to ensure vendor payments
Event Coordinator Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality, or a related field
- 2+ years in event planning
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Portfolio of successful events
- Flexible schedule
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template