1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Freelance Writer Job Description
We are looking for an experienced Freelance Writer to generate copy for our company. As Freelance Writer your responsibilities will include overseeing all aspects of this production process, from inception to submission. You should also liaise with the client to delineate assignment-related expectations.
To deliver success as a Freelance Writer, you should be able to use to working with various word processors. Ultimately, an outstanding Freelance Writer will tailor their writing style to accommodate the needs of different audiences.
Freelance Writer Responsibilities:
- Formulating texts in accordance with prescribed editorial and formatting guidelines.
- Communicating with the client to explicate assignment-related expectations, as required.
- Informing the client of assignment-related difficulties as they are detected.
- Ensuring that texts are properly researched.
- Maintaining originality in your work.
- Proofreading your assignments to detect and correct errors.
- Submitting completed works via the requisite channels.
- Monitoring and logging hours spent on each assignment.
- Submitting your own tax returns in a timely manner.
Freelance Writer Requirements:
- Previous writing experience.
- Portfolio of completed works.
- Own personal or laptop computer.
- Familiarity with mainstream word processing software.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Capacity to work with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated, disciplined approach to work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Creative Writing, Journalism, Communication Studies, or adjacent field.