Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Pattern Maker Job Description
We are recruiting for a highly skilled Pattern Maker to create factory patterns for our company. In this position you will be required to study blueprints and design models, create paper templates, and design the final pattern for mass production.
To deliver success as a Pattern Maker, you should have extensive experience with pattern design, fine motor skills, and a good eye for detail. A top-class Pattern Maker perfectly translates the ideas of the designer into a reliable and repeatable pattern that can be sent to the manufacturer.
Pattern Maker Responsibilities:
- Meet with product designers to discuss the base design.
- Read and interpret design models and blueprints.
- Create rough-draft templates using computer drafting software and freehand techniques.
- Measure, cut and design patterns in the material required.
- Double-check the pattern dimensions and style.
- Meet with designers to review the final product.
- Tweak the pattern and filing the design.
- Report back to company managers.
Pattern Maker Requirements:
- Previous experience as a Pattern Maker.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and design models.
- Proficient with computer drafting software including CAD.
- Excellent fine motor skills.
- Experience with measuring, snipping, milling, and cutting tools.
- Capability to work to deadlines.
- Physically fit and able to stand for long periods.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template