Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Payroll Clerk Job Description
We are recruiting for a Payroll Clerk to manage all tasks involved in processing payroll. The Payroll Clerk duties include collecting timesheets, calculating wages, and ensuring employees receive their pay on time.
To succeed you should be able to carry out all tasks with high attention to detail. Ultimately, a high performing Payroll Clerk should be highly organized and possess excellent math skills.
Payroll Clerk Responsibilities:
- Helping and answering employees’ questions and concerns regarding payroll.
- Collecting and verifying time sheets.
- Entering employee information and payroll data into the system.
- Calculating payable hours, commissions, bonuses, taxes, and deductions.
- Processing new employees, promotions, and terminations.
- Issuing statements detailing earnings and deductions.
- Issuing and delivering paychecks to employees.
- Investigating and resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Maintaining and updating payroll records.
- Preparing periodic payroll reports.
Payroll Clerk Requirements:
- Previous experience in a payroll department.
- Knowledge of payroll software is beneficial.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good math and communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Team player.
- Degree in accounting or related field preferred.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template