1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Payroll Officer Job Description
We are recruiting for a Payroll Officer to join our team. You will be responsible for following and managing our company’s payroll data. You will be required to track employee work hours, prepare compensation checks, calculate bonuses and allowances, and respond to employee questions about wages and deductions.
To succeed as a Payroll Officer, you should have detailed knowledge of accounting and payroll procedures, familiarity with labour legislation and advanced mathematical skills. We expect you to be able to process payment checks on time and resolve payroll issues in a timely manner.
Payroll Officer Responsibilities:
- Preparing employee compensation checks using payroll software.
- Ensuring taxes comply with company and state regulations.
- Scheduling electronic payments and handing out paychecks.
- Preparing payroll reports.
- Collecting daily, weekly, and monthly employee time sheets.
- Calculating employee work hours.
- Calculating employee benefits and deductions.
- Distributing payment statements.
- Responding to employee questions about compensation, taxes, benefits, and deductions.
- Entering new employee data into the company database.
Payroll Officer Requirements:
- Previous experience working as a Payroll Officer.
- Advanced Mathematical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Proficient with payroll software including Quickbooks, Sage, EPAY, and Gusto.
- Familiarity with accounting software and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Familiarity with state labor laws.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prepare and present financial reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Human Resources, or a similar field.