Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Personal Assistant Job Description
We are looking for a versatile and highly-organised Personal Assistant to perform personalised administrative duties for senior management. In this role, you will be responsible for scheduling meetings, taking notes, and handling correspondence on behalf of managers. You may also be required to make travel arrangements and assist with other duties when required.
To succeed as a Personal Assistant, you should exhibit excellent organisational skills and demonstrable experience in a secretarial role. Accomplished Personal Assistants are intuitive to the needs of the managers and work autonomously to provide customised administrative support.
Personal Assistant Responsibilities:
- Report to senior management and perform secretarial and administrative duties.
- Type, format, and edit reports, documents, and presentations.
- Enter data, maintain databases and keep records.
- Liaise with internal departments, answer calls, and make travel arrangements.
- Manage internal and external correspondence on behalf of senior management.
- Schedule appointments, maintaining an events calendar, and sending reminders.
- Copy, scan, and fax documents, as well as taking notes.
- Prepare facilities for scheduled events and arranging refreshments, if required.
- Order office supplies and replacements, as well as managing mail and courier services.
- Observe best business practices and etiquette.
Personal Assistant Requirements:
- Previous experience as a Personal Assistant would be advantageous.
- Extensive experience in creating documents and spreadsheets, using office software such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced typing, note-taking, recordkeeping, and organisational skills.
- Ability to manage internal and external correspondence.
- Working knowledge of printers, copiers, scanners, and fax machines.
- Proficiency in appointment scheduling software such as MS Outlook, as well as call forwarding.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Certification in secretarial work, office administration, or related training.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?