Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Plant Operator Job Description
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Plant Operator. As part of the production team, you will oversee daily plant operations, personally controlling machinery using a centralised control unit or direct controls. In addition to managing operations, you will schedule maintenance for equipment and perform repairs as required. This position requires considerable professional experience in a manufacturing environment, and our ideal candidate also possesses strong computer proficiency, mechanical skills, and strong problem-solving abilities.
Plant Operator Responsibilities
- Oversee plant operations via a computerised monitoring system
- Control and manipulate machinery and equipment via a central operating unit
- Perform minor repairs and maintenance as necessary
- Schedule worn or malfunctioning equipment for repairs
Plant Operator Requirements
- Four years of experience in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Problem-solving and organisational skills
- Strong computer proficiency and familiarity with computerised manufacturing systems
- Experience managing crews
- Forklift experience
- Mechanical expertise and knowledge of basic hand and power tools
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?