1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Site Supervisor Job Description
We are recruiting for a dedicated and experienced Site Supervisor to oversee construction projects and manage teams. The Site Supervisor will be responsibly for ordering building supplies, scheduling equipment maintenance as needed, and training new construction employees. We also expect you to be able to perform first aid in emergencies.
To succeed as a Site Supervisor, you should be detail-oriented and knowledgeable of building codes and construction safety regulations. Ultimately, an outstanding Site Supervisor should be able to interpret building plans as well as demonstrate exceptional leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills.
Site Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Inspect construction sites regularly to identify and eliminate potential safety hazards.
- Supervise and instruct the construction team as well as subcontractors.
- Educate site workers on construction safety regulations and accident protocol.
- Enforce site safety rules to minimise work-related accidents and injuries.
- Handle site accidents in accordance with established accident protocol.
- Maintain an accurate record of construction employee attendance.
- Evaluate the performance of construction employees and instituting disciplinary measures as needed.
- Analyse blueprints to ensure that construction projects meet design, safety, and budget specifications.
- Recommend changes to construction operations or procedures to increase efficiency.
Site Supervisor Requirements:
- Proven experience working as a Site Supervisor.
- CPR and first aid certifications.
- Sound knowledge of building codes and construction safety regulations.
- Working knowledge of construction tools and equipment.
- The ability to interpret blueprints.
- Outstanding leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Completion of a post-secondary education construction training program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Construction Science, Civil Engineering or related field is preferred.