1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Volunteer Coordinator Job Description
We are recruiting for a detail-oriented and focused Volunteer Coordinator to be responsible for our database of volunteers and volunteer opportunities. You will be responsible for recruiting and training new volunteers, keeping a database of volunteer information and skills, matching volunteers to opportunities that suit their skills, keeping volunteers informed, and conveying the organisation’s purpose to the public.
To succeed as a successful Volunteer Coordinator should be meticulous about keeping records and passionate about volunteer work. You should uphold the values of our organisation while ensuring the comfort of our volunteers in their positions.
Volunteer Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Recruiting, training, and supervising new volunteers.
- Collecting volunteer information, availability, and skills, and maintaining an up-to-date database.
- Using marketing tools such as outreach programs, e-mails, and volunteer databases.
- Keeping new and existing volunteers informed about the organisation and volunteer opportunities.
- Matching volunteers to opportunities that suit their skill sets, and ensuring they understand their responsibilities and receive the proper training.
- Organising training and leading on-the-job training.
- Keeping schedules and records of volunteers’ work.
- Preparing codes of conduct and operating procedures to uphold the organisation’s values.
- Ensuring the organisation’s purpose is conveyed to the public.
Volunteer Coordinator Requirements:
- Experience in volunteering and recruitment.
- Working knowledge of databases.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisation and team building skills.
- An Associate’s Degree in Business Management, Human Resources or a related field.