Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Actuary Job Description
An Actuary uses mathematics, computer science and statistics to assess the risks associated with certain events and helps companies plan for or reduce the financial repercussions should these events occur. These professionals may also be known as Actuarial Analysts.
We are looking for an analytical Actuary who can interpret complex mathematical information and communicate it to others. The key elements of the role will include collecting information and using computer programs to assess the risks and costs associated with specific events in order to minimise their effects on businesses or clients. The Actuary will also present these findings to other parties and often influences major financial decisions.
To succeed as an Actuary, you should be committed to thoroughly assessing and communicating the potential risks of actions to companies and clients. You should be objective, detail-oriented, accurate, and efficient with excellent communication skills.
- Collecting and evaluating information to determine the potential risks of certain events and their financial impact on businesses or individuals.
- Using computer programs to compile and analyse data and create models, graphs, tables, and reports that display findings.
- Preparing reports for managers, stakeholders, clients, or other parties.
- Presenting and communicating complex statistical and mathematical information to others.
- Developing and refining strategies that minimise risk and costs to others.
- Other duties, which may vary according to industry.
- Additional certifications and training may be required.
- Extensive knowledge of mathematics, statistics, computer science, and calculus.
- Familiarity with specific industries, such as finance or insurance, may be beneficial.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency with computer software and modelling programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or a related field.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template