Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Auto Glass Technician Job Description
Auto Glass Technicians work for glass replacement companies and car dealerships to repair or replace cracked, chipped, or damaged car windows and windshields. They also weatherproof automotive glass and identify issues that may affect glass installation.
We are actively hiring a highly-skilled Auto Glass Technician to repair or replace the windshields as well as door and quarter glasses on customers’ vehicles. Working as an Auto Glass Technician your responsibilities will include notifying customers of various issues that may affect glass installation, removing damaged glass without causing further damage to customers’ vehicles, completing all necessary paperwork, and keeping damaged glass areas moisture-free during repairs.
We expect you to inspect windshields and windows to determine whether the glass should be repaired or replaced.
To succeed as an Auto Glass Technician, you should demonstrate sound mechanical skills and adhere to all health and safety regulations when using hazardous materials. The best suited candidates will should be able to effectively communicate with customers and achieve excellent customer service at all times.
Auto Glass Technician Responsibilities:
- Traveling to various locations to assess as well as repair or replace customers’ windshields and windows.
- Using primer to prime all damaged areas of windshields and car windows.
- Weatherproofing glass by applying a chemical treatment to the outer surfaces and installing rubber weather seals around glass edges.
- Removing mouldings, wipers, screws, bolts, and clips before glass installation and repairs and replacing them thereafter.
- Injecting resin into small chips or cracks and heating the damaged areas using a heat source.
- Identifying issues that may affect glass installation, such as rust or vehicle damage.
- Removing all dirt and debris from windshields and windows before beginning repair or weatherproofing treatments.
- Using clips, mouldings, and adhesives to affix custom-cut glass to customers’ vehicles.
Auto Glass Technician Requirements:
- Prior experience working as an Auto Glass Technician.
- Sound knowledge of automotive glass repair and installation techniques.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Good manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template