Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
AutoCAD Drafter Job Description
AutoCAD Drafters specialise in creating Computer-Aided Design (CAD) models using Autodesk’s AutoCAD software. They are highly-trained draftsmen work with architects and engineers to design and create 2D and 3D computer models of buildings and machine parts from blueprints or from scratch.
We are recruiting for a skilled AutoCAD Drafter to generate Solid and Surface CAD models for our clients using AutoCAD software. In this position, you will be required to meet with architects and engineers to discuss design concepts for CAD models, develop product designs, and generate Surface or Solid software models.
Successful AutoCAD Drafters should have extensive experience working with AutoCAD software, advanced design skills and a keen eye for detail. High performing AutoCAD Drafters can design and create high-level design models that meet all the specifications of the client.
AutoCAD Drafter Responsibilities:
- Meet with architects, designers, and engineers to discuss design ideas.
- Develop product designs from scratch.
- Present rough design drafts for client approval.
- Ensure product designs meet required safety and structural standards.
- Generate Solid and Surface CAD models using AutoCAD software.
- Blend technique and aesthetics to create final designs.
- Present various design perspectives for construction improvements and adaptations.
- Finalise AutoCAD models.
- Present models to clients.
- Complete job reports.
AutoCAD Drafter Requirements:
- Previous work experience as an AutoCAD Drafter.
- Advanced knowledge of CAD and AutoCAD software.
- Advanced knowledge of Mathematics, Science, Engineering, and Architecture.
- Knowledge of state safety and structure regulations.
- Excellent technical design skills.
- Good communication skills.
- A keen eye for aesthetics and detail.
- Ability to project manage.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Architectural Studies.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template