1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
AutoCAD Drafter Job Description
AutoCAD Drafters specialise in creating Computer-Aided Design (CAD) models using Autodesk’s AutoCAD software. They are highly-trained draftsmen work with architects and engineers to design and create 2D and 3D computer models of buildings and machine parts from blueprints or from scratch.
We are recruiting for a skilled AutoCAD Drafter to generate Solid and Surface CAD models for our clients using AutoCAD software. In this position, you will be required to meet with architects and engineers to discuss design concepts for CAD models, develop product designs, and generate Surface or Solid software models.
Successful AutoCAD Drafters should have extensive experience working with AutoCAD software, advanced design skills and a keen eye for detail. High performing AutoCAD Drafters can design and create high-level design models that meet all the specifications of the client.
AutoCAD Drafter Responsibilities:
- Meet with architects, designers, and engineers to discuss design ideas.
- Develop product designs from scratch.
- Present rough design drafts for client approval.
- Ensure product designs meet required safety and structural standards.
- Generate Solid and Surface CAD models using AutoCAD software.
- Blend technique and aesthetics to create final designs.
- Present various design perspectives for construction improvements and adaptations.
- Finalise AutoCAD models.
- Present models to clients.
- Complete job reports.
AutoCAD Drafter Requirements:
- Previous work experience as an AutoCAD Drafter.
- Advanced knowledge of CAD and AutoCAD software.
- Advanced knowledge of Mathematics, Science, Engineering, and Architecture.
- Knowledge of state safety and structure regulations.
- Excellent technical design skills.
- Good communication skills.
- A keen eye for aesthetics and detail.
- Ability to project manage.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Architectural Studies.