Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Creative Writer Job Description
We are recruiting a Creative Writer and insist that this person to have a keen eye for detail and the ability to thrive under pressure. The Creative Writer will be constructing copy, both long and short-form, for a number of different audiences. You must be able to work well on your own and as part of a team. Any changes suggested by our editors should be timeously implemented. We expect the Creative Writer to know how to strike a balance between quality and quantity.
To succeed as a Creative Writer, you should constantly strive to hone your skills and view any feedback session as a learning opportunity. An outstanding Creative Writer should read widely and be comfortable sharing their work. You should also be able to follow both written and verbal briefs and be able to meet deadlines.
Creative Writer Responsibilities:
- Conduct research before and during the writing process.
- Prepare material for assignments, which includes planning, outline, and synopsis.
- Conduct thorough fact-checks before submitting any work.
- Ensure the logical flow of all writing produced.
- Join feedback sessions and making revisions suggested by the client, publisher or editors.
- Go to training sessions and workshops as required.
Creative Writer Requirements:
- Critical reading and thinking skills.
- An interest in current events and a general thirst for knowledge.
- Evidence of writing experience (links to published work would be advantageous).
- Resilience and the ability to accept constructive feedback.
- Basic computer skills.
- A growth mindset.
- A degree in writing, communication, language, marketing, or similar.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?