Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Mediator Job Description
We are searching for a Mediator to arrive at a resolution of our clients’ disagreements. As our Mediator you should thoroughly investigate all precipitating factors, consult with clients to better understand the conflict at hand, and then host discussions that invariably lead to the implementation of client-driven solutions. You should also ensure that mediation remains respectful and engaging during every phase.
To succeed as a Mediator, you should have the capacity to contain and navigate uncomfortable situations. Suitable Mediators will work towards repairing and preserving fractured relationships in instances where this may be appropriate.
- Discern which contextual features engendered the presenting conflict.
- Meet with clients to set ground rules and to outline your role in the mediation process.
- Allowing aggrieved parties the space to clarify their understanding of the disagreement.
- Present your understanding of the situation and requesting corrections, if needed.
- Guide clients’ thinking about the disagreement at hand, including others’ viewpoints and the implications thereof.
- Facilitate truthful discussions that are directed toward finding judicious, sustainable solutions.
- Supervise clients’ dialogues to arrive at an unambiguous way forward.
- Re-engaging in discussions about the conflict if requested by clients.
- Track record of facilitating amicable conflict resolutions.
- Perceptive of unspoken feelings.
- Ability to address distortions in emotion and cognition.
- Strong verbal communication and containment skills.
- Impartial, flexible, and decisive disposition.
- Capacity to refrain from making unwarranted interjections.
- Accredited Mediation training program certificates
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?