Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Media Manager Job Description
We are recruiting a Media Manager and expect this person to be a confident communication and have great people skills. We expect our Media Manager to possess superb project management and organisational skills with the ability to work comfortably under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
To succeed, Media Managers should demonstrate a wide degree of creativity and latitude with a keen interest in shaping an organisation’s image and values through appropriate communication to the outside world. Top candidates will display natural leadership qualities with fantastic time management and planning skills.
Media Manager Responsibilities:
- Identify press opportunities through evolving issues.
- Develop content for dissemination via press releases, social media, websites and other distribution channels.
- Ensure that key messages align with vital business strategies.
- Serve as the organisation’s media liaison and formal spokesperson.
- Conduct press conferences and briefings.
- Scan media marketplace to keep up-to-date on the latest media trends.
- Monitor online and offline campaigns, and report on results.
- Negotiate with media channels to close competitive deals.
- Build and manage the organisation’s social media profile and presence.
- Promote additional projects to support new product launches.
- Build long-term relationships with media influencers.
- Appropriately manage the organisation’s media budget.
Media Manager Requirements:
- 3 years of work experience as a Media Manager or similar.
- Demonstrable experience with building effective media campaigns.
- Ability to create appropriate content for dissemination via press releases, social media, websites and other distribution channels.
- Ability to conduct press conferences and briefings.
- Ability to nurture long-term relationships with key media influencers.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Natural leader who displays strong decision-making and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and public speaking skills.
- Bachelors degree in Communications/Media or related
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template