Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Photo Editor Job Description
We are recruiting for a creative Photo Editor to ensure that our articles feature aesthetically pleasing photographs. As a Photo Editor, we require you to discuss concepts with our editors, arrange photoshoots, and ensure that selected photographs are artfully positioned in relation to the text.
To succeed as a Photo Editor, you should demonstrate experience in photo editing and the ability to align your creative ideas with those of the editorial team. High Performing Photo Editors are team players who enhance the reader experience with beautiful photographic arrangements.
Photo Editor Responsibilities:
- Consult with the editorial team and brainstorming creative concepts.
- Coordinate photography assignments and allocating projects to in-house photographers.
- Hire specialist photographers and negotiating fees, if relevant.
- Obtaining rights to photographs, as well as permission to shoot at designated locations, when required.
- Select photographs that complement the text in the way envisaged by the editorial team.
- Edit and artfully positioning photographs to accompany texts.
- Submit photographic designs for approval in a timely manner.
- Obtain feedback from editorial teams and making relevant changes, when required.
- Keep track of industry trends and advancements in the field of photographic editing.
Photo Editor Requirements:
- 2-3 years of experience in photo editing, or similar.
- A complete portfolio of work-related examples.
- Advanced proficiency in photograph editing software, such as Lightroom, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Exceptional creative abilities as reflected in appealing photographic content.
- Ability to collaborate on projects and integrate editorial feedback.
- Extensive experience in coordinating photography projects and meeting deadlines.
- In-depth knowledge of copyright and other relevant permissions.
- Proficiency in keeping up with photography trends and related technologies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor’s or Associate Degree in Photography, Visual Arts, or similar.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?