Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Rigger Job Description
We are recruiting for a qualified Rigger to set up and repair rigging for the movement of heavy equipment. As a Rigger, you will be required to prepare the materials before loading, set up the rigging equipment, operate heavy equipment machinery, and dismantle the rigging after the job. You will also be required to communicate with the rigging team and ensure compliance with state health and safety regulations.
To succeed as a Rigger, you should have in-depth knowledge of rigging equipment, excellent space awareness, and good communication skills. A skilled Rigger is meticulous with construction and always aware of safety on the construction site.
- Inspect and prepare loads that need to be moved.
- Set up, align and levelling heavy equipment machinery.
- Select the appropriate rigging gear.
- Prepare rigging equipment including beams, pulleys, clamps, and bolts.
- Inspect rigging before final use.
- Monitor and maintain rigging equipment.
- Manoeuvre loads using heavy equipment machinery and by hand.
- Ensure compliance with state and company safety procedures.
- Communicate with the rigging and construction team.
- Breaking down rigging equipment and conducting post-rigging inspections.
- 3+ years working as a Rigger.
- In-depth knowledge of rigging equipment and heavy machinery.
- Excellent hearing and vision.
- Ability to work at heights and in noisy environments.
- High-level mathematical skills.
- Physical fitness and ability to lift heavy equipment.
- Ability to work outdoors in harsh weather conditions.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?