Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
School Nurse Job Description
We are seeking a School Nurse to join our faculty. In this role, you provide care to the students and staff on campus. You evaluate the illness or injury, treat the patient if possible, and determine if it is necessary to call the patient’s guardian to take them home or to seek further medical assistance. Aside from providing medical support, you also monitor any health risks at the school and promote healthy habits. You will do more than oversee the physical health of students; you should also help to identify emotional and social issues and make recommendations on how to manage them.
School Nurse Responsibilities
- Treat the patient’s illness or injury
- Evaluate wounds or symptoms of students or staff
- Perform general health screenings
- Collaborate with staff and administration to develop health-related communications for students and their families
- Monitor immunisations and identify other health risks to reduce the spread of illnesses
School Nurse Requirements
- Associate degree in nursing, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least one year of nursing experience, background in paediatrics a plus
- CPR, BLS, and First Aid certification
- A compassionate manner
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template