Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Youth Pastor Job Description
We are recruiting for a Youth Pastor to guide our church’s students. The Youth Pastor will strive to make all students understand the journey of our souls, encourage students who are interested in the knowledge of God, and support them to develop their love for Him and for others. We expect you to attend student functions at schools and home school events, grow relationships with the education community and provide students and their families with biblical counselling and support.
To succeed in this position, you must provide students with a place to belong that gives them the courage to be different and resilient to unhealthy peer pressure. Suitable candidates have a proficient understanding of the challenges young people face, and are compassionate.
Youth Pastor Responsibilities:
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Oversee church’s youth ministry.
- Design, oversee and examineg curriculum for all programs, events and classes.
- Lead middle and high school students to encourage their spiritual growth.
- Interact with students during Sunday services.
- Develop positive relationships with students and their parents.
- Share program plans through social media.
- Display Christ-like approach and lifestyle, and praying regularly for young people in the church and community.
- Incorporate youth into various church ministries for His use.
Youth Pastor Requirements:
- Evident relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Previous youth ministry experience.
- Proficient understanding of challenges and needs of young people.
- Excellent computer skills, and proficiency with social media.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Affinity for young people.
- Ability to lead by example.
- Available to work extended hours, evenings, over weekends and public holidays, and on short notice.
- Bachelor’s degree in theology, biblical studies or youth ministry.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?