1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Arbitrator Job Description
Arbitrators help in resolving conflicts outside of the court system by aiding the relevant parties in settling disputes.
We are recruiting for an Arbitrator to help with disputes between parties such as labour and management to find mutual resolution. The responsibilities of an Arbitrator include settling disputes, analysing information using knowledge of facts and industry practice, and creating reports on outcomes of the arbitration process.
To succeed as an Arbitrator, you should have sound interpersonal skills, tactful negotiation skills and solid knowledge of industry practices. Ultimately, an excellent Arbitrator should have the ability to remain neutral, possess strong conflict resolution skills, and analytical skills.
- Facilitate communication in disputes to establish a mutual agreement.
- Clarify the arguments of opposing parties.
- Conduct initial meetings for both parties to describe the arbitration process.
- Set up appointments with both parties.
- Apply laws, procedures and industry knowledge to settle disputes.
- Analyse documentation and records.
- Interviewing key stakeholders in each case.
- Extensive experience working in the industry.
- Solid knowledge of procedures, policies, and law.
- Demonstrate a neutral disposition.
- Strong communication skills.
- Law or Business degree.