Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Buyer Job Description
Buyers research, evaluate and purchase merchandise including clothing, electronic goods and food to resell to customers at retail or wholesale companies.
We are recruiting for a Buyer who will be responsible for selecting and purchasing quality products for our company. As Buyer, your responsibilities will include processing purchase orders, negotiating with suppliers, tracking orders, creating and maintaining an inventory, quality assurance and liaising with inventory teams and management. We expect you to work with staff across departments to forecast the needs of the business and make purchase decisions based on demand.
As Buyer you should be analytically minded and possess excellent negotiating skills to secure the best prices according to budget.
- Research, select and purchase quality products and materials.
- Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate with them for the best pricing.
- Process requisitions and update management on status of orders.
- Update inventory and ensure that stock levels are kept at appropriate levels.
- Arrange transport of goods and track orders to ensure timely delivery.
- Analyse market trends and apply this knowledge to make insightful buying decisions.
- Coordinate with inventory team, management, and stockroom as required.
- Assess quality of stock received and escalate any discrepancies to suppliers and management.
- Ability to travel.
- Relevant experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint).
- Proficient in appropriate software.
- Critical thinking and negotiation skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Occasional domestic and/or international travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template