1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Collections Specialist Job Description
The role of a Collections Specialist is to work as the liaison between the creditors and consumers of a company. They manage and observe accounts to identify overdue payments, report collection activity, address client queries, and develop repayment plans.
We are recruiting for a Collections Specialist to join our dynamic Collections team. Your duties will include processing customer refunds, reviewing account alterations, resolving client inconsistencies and collecting overdue payments.
We require someone with the ability to balance between maintaining trustful relationships and guaranteeing timely payments. You should possess outstanding communication and negotiation skills, as well as an in-depth knowledge of laws and policies related to debt collection.
Collections Specialist Responsibilities:
- Supervise assigned accounts to identify unresolved debts.
- Develop effective repayment plans.
- Follow-up with clients on overdue accounts.
- Oversee all monthly payments and refunds.
- Research and implement effective collection techniques.
- Perform all administrative duties related to ensuring office efficiency.
- Create monthly credit records.
- Respond to client account queries in a timely and professional manner.
Collections Specialist Requirements:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong understanding of billing and collection processes.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly-skilled in negotiation.
- In-depth knowledge of laws and policies related to debt collection.
- Good administrative skills.