Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Construction Manager Job Description
We are recruiting for an organised Construction Manager to oversee all aspects of our building project, including meeting with project partners, managing supervisors and teams. As Construction Manager you will be responsible for ensuring all objectives and standards are met and for finding solutions to problems as they arise. You will ensure all equipment and materials are available on site as needed.
To succeed in this role, you should ensure the project is planned in a manner that meets and exceeds all objectives, and ensure it is completed on time and within budget. Top candidates will be skilful delegators, adept at identifying crucial aspects of the project and prioritising them— while controlling all other aspects of the project.
Construction Manager Responsibilities:
- Meeting with engineers, architects and contractors on an ongoing basis regarding project objectives and progress.
- Managing and motivating site foremen and teams.
- Ensuring all equipment needed is available on site.
- Ensuring budget costs relating to wages, contractors, materials and equipment aren’t exceeded.
- Approving purchase requests.
- Ensuring the construction process starts and ends on time, and ensuring daily and weekly deadlines are met.
- Ensuring compliance with health, safety and all other regulations.
- Issuing SI’s and VOs to project management.
- Conducting ongoing quality inspections.
Construction Manager Requirements:
- Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel and Projects, and CCS.
- 5+years construction site management experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
- Skilled at solving conflict between different project members and staff.
- Outstanding negotiation, organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template