1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Interior Designer Job Description
We are actively recruiting for artistic, detail-focussed candidate who has natural interpersonal skills to work as an Interior Designer for our company. As Interior Designer your key responsibilities will include visualising and sketching design plans as per client goals, sourcing products and materials, determining costs and inspecting construction to ensure alignment with design specifications are met. You will also be expected to comply with the regulatory environment around inspections and building codes.
Suitable Interior Designers are able to think creatively about the use of space, color and movement and will draw on other artistic mediums for creative inspiration. They will also be effective communicators with the ability to persuade in communicating a design idea.
Interior Designer Responsibilities:
- Outline client design objectives.
- Conceptualise and sketch design plans.
- Create ‘mood boards’ to sample your design vision.
- Determine cost of completion and project requirements in the budgeting phase.
- Set deadlines for the completion of an interior design project.
- Source materials and products included in plans.
- Utilise computer applications in the design process.
- Inspect design after completion to determine whether client goals have been met.
Interior Designer Requirements:
- Excellent portfolio of design work.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with computational design.
- Highly creative, imaginative and artistic.
- Excellent communication skills, especially in regard to communicating an artistic vision.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Illustrator, SketchUp or similar design software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field.