Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Lifeguard Job Description
We are recruiting for a Lifeguard to ensure the safety of visitors to our aquatic facility. The Lifeguard will explain safety rules to patrons, warn them about unsafe situations, and enforce policies on showers and proper attire. You will play an instrumental role in maintaining orderliness by inspecting swimming pool areas, locker rooms and restrooms. You will maintain pool equipment and monitor and record pool temperatures.
To ensure success you need to assess situations swiftly and make judicious decisions regarding the safety of swimmers. Top candidates are excellent communicators, swift and safety-minded.
- Oversee activities at aquatic facility.
- Assist with swimming lessons.
- Explain and enforce rules, regulations, and policies to ensure safety of patrons.
- Monitor designated areas to recognize signs of danger.
- Warn swimmers regarding unsafe situations.
- Maintain order in swimming areas.
- Respond to emergencies and rescuing swimmers in danger of drowning.
- Perform first aid procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of all areas.
- Maintain records and reports.
- 16 years of age or older.
- Completion of lifeguard training.
- 1+ months related experience.
- First Aid and CPR certification.
- AED certification preferred.
- Proficient communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in interacting with people of various ages from diverse backgrounds.
- Available to work shifts.
- Physically fit, strong, agile and dexterous.
- Related Hiring Resources
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?