Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Maitre D Job Description
We are looking for Maître d’ to join our restaurant team. As a pivotal member of our front-of-house service team, you will greet customers, make and confirm reservations, and manage waitstaff to deliver the highest possible service standards. You are responsible for the logistic details, including reservations and arrangements for large parties, as well as setting the ambiance and atmosphere of the restaurant. Our ideal candidate has extensive experience in high-end food service environments, an impeccable demeanour, excellent customer service skills, and logistical and organisational acumen.
Maitre D Responsibilities
- Make, adjust, and cancel customer reservations
- Manage staff to ensure efficient and excellent service throughout a given seating
- Greet customers and guide them to their tables
- Answer customer questions regarding food, drinks, and specials
- Resolve customer complaints or disputes
Maitre D Requirements
- At least five years in a high-end, fast-paced restaurant environment
- Adaptive organisational skills and the ability to change plans to meet new circumstances
- Strong cash handling skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, including the ability to tactfully deliver unwelcome news to customers
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?