1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Operations Research Analyst Job Description
We are hiring an analytical Operations Research Analyst who will be responsible for the formulation and application of mathematical and optimisation modelling to decision making, policy formulations, and other functions of our business operations.
As our Operations Research Analyst you will collect and analyse data on business operations, identify and understand potential or existing problems, show the implications of different actions to solve the problems, and assist in the decision-making process.
We expect our Operations Research Analyst to assist the leadership team in the allocation of resources, production schedule development, supply chain management, and pricing procedures.
To be a succeed as a Operations Research Analyst, you should have strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills. You should also have good technical and computer literacy skills and should demonstrate a strong understanding of mathematics and data analysis.
Operations Research Analyst Responsibilities:
- Collect and analyse data from current operation systems to develop decision support software.
- Gather input from workers or people with specialised knowledge who can assist in solving operational problems.
- Use statistical analysis or simulations to analyse the information to define operational problems, develop methods to analyse the problem, and develop practical solutions.
- Defining data requirements, gather and validate information.
- Apply judgment and statistical tests to devise problem-solving actions.
- Develop mathematical models of potential and existing operational problems.
- Perform tests to ensure the accuracy of the models.
- Advise leadership teams on solutions and assisting with decision making.
- Write reports on your findings and recommendations.
- Develop time and cost networks to plan, control, and review large projects.
- Develop business methods and procedures, such as accounting systems, logistics systems, and production schedules.
Operations Research Analyst Requirements:
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, and mathematical skills.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and report writing skills.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with advanced statistical and database software.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field.
- A Master’s degree would be advantageous.