Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Parking Attendant Job Description
We are recruiting for a traffic warden to ensure that traffic, motoring and parking rules are followed. You will be expected to patrol the streets or car parks and to check on parked vehicles.
Parking Attendant Responsibilities:
- Patrolling an area, checking traffic movements and looking for illegally parked vehicles
- Taking photographs of parking offences and using a handheld computer to issue `penalty charge notices` (parking tickets) for illegally parked vehicles.
- Directing drivers and pedestrians and advising on parking areas.
- Providing evidence in court if required.
- Informing the police of parking offences that cannot be enforced by a parking attendant.
- Completing forms and making accurate notes and sometimes writing reports.
- Checking parking meter tickets and patrolling local authority car parks to check that drivers have ‘paid and displayed.’
- Arranging for vehicles to be towed away if they have been abandoned, illegally parked or are blocking traffic.
- Reporting any parking meters, signs or road markings that need maintenance.
Parking Attendant Requirements:
- You report to the office at the start and end of each shift, you will be outdoors and work in all weather conditions
- You will work a 35 to 40 hours a week, probably on a rota basis including: early mornings, possibly late evenings, Saturdays and, in some areas, Sundays.
- You will walk several miles a day.
- You will carry and operate a handheld computer and a camera.
- You will be provided with a uniform.
- You do not need formal qualifications, but a good general education is useful.
- Previous experience working in a customer service role and in the public sector may help.
- You usually need to know the local area you will be patrolling.
- You require a driving licence.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template