Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Resident Assistant Job Description
We are recruiting for a responsible Resident Assistant to oversee student activities in our campus residence. You will make a positive contribution to residential life by leading and mentoring students, facilitating social activities, instilling a sense of community, and upholding the university’s code of conduct.
To succeed as a Resident Assistant, you should have the ability to lead a large group of students, each with different personalities and backgrounds. Top candidates will also be approachable and personable.
Resident Assistant Responsibilities:
- Mentoring students about personal and academic matters.
- Knowing and enforcing the code of conduct and college policies.
- Serving as a positive role model for students.
- Ensuring that the residence environment supports productive academic work.
- Facilitating social activities that foster a sense of community in the residence and hall.
- Participating in weekly staff meetings.
- Bringing other campus opportunities to the attention of residents.
- Responding to any emergencies.
- Performing various administrative tasks for the residence.
- Being available to students at all times during your shift at the residence.
Resident Assistant Requirements:
- Good academic performance and participation in extra-curricular activities.
- Self-disciplined and responsible.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?