Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Shipping and Receiving Clerk Job Description
We are looking for a motivated and highly organised Shipping and Receiving Clerk. As part of our team, you will oversee and document packages, parcels, and supplies, store items in the appropriate areas, and prepare packages for shipping. This position requires a highly organised person. You must pay close attention to detail while also managing the logistics of a high volume of items. You will need to be able to lift up to twenty pounds unaided and be able to lift items throughout your shift.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk Responsibilities
- Accept and log packages and deliveries made to the facility
- Store items received in appropriate storage areas, documenting any changes
- Prepare items for shipping, noting item contents, delivery methods, and other logistical details
- Maintain a clearly organised workspace
- Identify and resolve shipping, storage, or receiving discrepancies as they arise
Shipping and Receiving Clerk Requirements
- Prior warehouse experience (preferred)
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Forklift experience and certification
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?