Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Courier Job Description
We are looking for a self-employed Courier Delivery Driver to work on a permanent full-time basis, making collections and deliveries throughout central Birmingham. As a Courier Delivery Driver, you will be responsible for following the delivery directions provided by our dispatch officer, making deliveries on time to strict deadlines. Your duties will include ensuring packages are not damaged or stolen during transit, collecting the recipient’s signatures, and taking payment when required. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, reliable, physically fit, and an excellent communicator. You will have good geographical knowledge, demonstrate exceptional driving skills, and follow road safety regulations while being courteous to the public and other road users.
- Collecting parcels and packages from the central depot and delivering these to specific addresses, stipulated in the dispatch officer’s delivery instructions.
- Route planning to optimise efficiency and ensure parcels are delivered on time.
- Conducting address verification before delivery.
- Preventing damage or loss of packages during transit.
- Obtaining signed receipts and confirmation of each delivery.
- Collecting payments where required.
- Communicating with the dispatch officer, receiving new delivery instructions, and providing status updates.
- Maintaining accurate paper or virtual records of parcel deliveries.
- Driving licence.
- SVQ or NVQ level 2 and 3 in driving goods vehicles an advantage.
- Proven experience working as a Courier Delivery Driver.
- Safe and conscientious driving skills.
- Familiarity using GPS.
- Good English, maths, and planning skills.
- Excellent fitness and physical stamina.
- Geographical knowledge and organised route planning skills.
- Customer service and communication skills.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template