Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Strategic Sourcing Analyst Job Description
We are looking for a Strategic Sourcing Analyst to evaluate and optimise our supplier performance and logistics. Working as our Strategic Sourcing Analyst, your duties will include assessing the efficiency of our supply chain, scheduling projects, and analysing cost structures.
To succeed in this role, you should demonstrate extensive experience in strategic sourcing and evaluating procurement metrics. Suitable Strategic Sourcing Analysts are experts in forecasting market trends.
Strategic Sourcing Analyst Responsibilities:
- Analyse and improve supply chain operations.
- Establish effective communication channels with customers, vendors, suppliers, and shipping companies.
- Resolve day-to-day supply chain issues and promote operational consistency.
- Evaluate procurement metrics and measure supplier performance.
- Identify project scopes, schedules and costs.
- Negotiate better contracts with existing suppliers as well as sourcing new suppliers.
- Establish risk management plans relating to procurement, logistics, and staffing.
- Project industry trends to implement appropriate responses and contingency measures.
- Report on competitive intelligence, as well as market and consumer trends.
- Ensure compliance on import, export, and shipment regulations.
Strategic Sourcing Analyst Requirements:
- Extensive experience in strategic sourcing analysis.
- Competency in integrated supply chain management software.
- Advanced knowledge of supply chain, procurement, logistics and warehouse management.
- Proficiency in mitigating risks by predicting future industry trends.
- In-depth knowledge of market and consumer trends that might impact supply chains and associated costs.
- Extensive knowledge of import, export, and shipping regulations.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, or similar.
- Certified Master Logistician or a Master’s Degree in a related field preferred.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template