Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Assistant Controller Job Description
We are recruiting for a detail-oriented Assistant Controller to work under the direction of a controller and assist with the preparation of financial statements, budget reports and internal control systems. The Assistant Controller’s duties also include managing payroll, accounts payable/receivable, reconciling accounts and assisting with financial audits. You must be able to work independently and with the highest levels of integrity.
To succeed you should have exceptional accounting skills and knowledge of relevant industry regulations. The ideal candidate will also be well-organized and have excellent management skills.
Assistant Controller Responsibilities:
- Prepare and consolidate financial statements and reports.
- Assist with the development and evaluation of budgets and preparing budget reports.
- Support the formulation and implementation of control systems within the organization.
- Overseeing accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll, identifying discrepancies and reconciling accounts.
- Supporting the accounting department with all aspects of the general ledger.
- Ensuring strict compliance with company and regulatory standards.
- Prepare and manage accounts using various software programs.
- Prepare and assist with audits.
- Follow changes in regulations and compiling reports regarding compliance issues, standards and accounting practices.
Assistant Controller Requirements:
- Previous experience as an accountant, assistant controller or in a similar role.
- Excellent understanding of GAAP and relevant financial accounting regulations.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of accounting software programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organised and detail-oriented.
- Excellent math and accounting skills.
- Strong supervisory and management skills.
- Degree in accounting, finance or in a related field.
- Professional certification.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?