Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Department Manager Job Description
We are recruiting for a Department Manager who will be responsible for both people and budgets for the position of Department Manager. As Department Managers are responsible for outlining strategic departmental targets, ensuring the highest level of quality is met and cultivating a comfortable and productive working environment, among other duties.
Department Managers will need to inspire their staff to enable them to perform at their best and keep them motivated at all times, requiring excellent communicative and interpersonal skills.
Department Manager Responsibilities:
- Recruit, interview and orienting new staff members.
- Manage a departmental budget and forecasting budgetary requirements.
- Monitor and evaluate staff performance.
- Motivate and inspire staff and facilitating personal growth.
- Ensure high levels of productivity are maintained.
- Set strategic long and short-term departmental goals and evaluating outcomes.
- Ensure the highest levels of quality are met.
- Communicate job expectations to staff.
- Conduct training and seminars for continued skills improvement.
- Foster a productive working environment.
- Ensure adherence to company and industry regulations.
Department Manager Requirements:
- Results driven.
- Mathematical and statistical aptitude.
- Self-motivated and confident.
- Highly organised and diligent.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- MBA advantageous.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template