Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Direct Support Professional Job Description
We are recruiting for a capable Direct Support Professional to care for our residents and to encourage them to live independent and productive lives. You will follow guidelines and specific instructions pertaining to individual residents’ support, treatments and care. You will assist with personal care needs, support expression of spiritual beliefs and encourage meaningful interactions between residents and the community. You will be an advocate for the whole community with disabilities.
To be successful in this role you need to be mindful of resident’s disabilities in an empathetic manner, yet care for them in a way that encourages their independence and inclusion in the community. We expect all our candidates are empathetic, patient and prudent.
Direct Support Professional Responsibilities:
- Establish a secure, positive environment that nurtures residents’ needs, self-expression and goals.
- Oversee residents and taking care of their needs, and performing housekeeping duties.
- Deliver individualized training and care for residents in compliance with healthcare professionals’ instructions and other specific guidelines.
- Advance residents’ decision-making, productivity and participation in a range of activities.
- Promote independence in daily activities, such as work, learning and leisure.
- Facilitate resident’s inclusion in the community’s experiences and activities.
- Maintain knowledge of residents’ requirements.
- Comply with facility’s policies and procedures.
- Maintain documentation in compliance with company procedures.
- Operate facility’s vehicles in compliance with company policies and governmental statutes.
Direct Support Professional Requirements:
- 6+ months social service or life experience with individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Valid driver’s license, own reliable vehicle and good driving record.
- Comfortable with assisting residents with hygiene and medical routines.
- Availability to work shifts.
- Outstanding organizational and people skills.
- CPR and first aid certification.
- Completion of provided training.
- Completion of criminal background check and health screening.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template