Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Illustrator Job Description
We are recruiting for an Illustrator to create high-quality artwork for our digital and print media publications. As an Illustrator, you are required to work closely with our clients and marketing team to develop inspiring artwork that will attract our target audience. You will be responsible for formulating concepts and rendering draft illustrations from written words, models, sketched ideas, and from your imagination.
To succeed you should be a highly artistic person with a passion for creative technologies. You should be able to draw, paint and work on digital software in a variety of styles and mediums. You must be adept at hitting set deadlines and must always communicate with the company and clients on the overall progress and development of the artistic image. Ultimately, we are looking for a creative individual who can turn concepts into artistic marketable images.
- Brainstorm with the marketing and design team to come up with image ideas.
- Prepare and designing rough draft illustrations according to client specifications.
- Define any budget or time limitations.
- Create complete illustrations by combining painting, hand-drawn and digitally created images.
- Refine image design using illustration software.
- Enhance the design concept using a wide range of colors and graphics.
- Apply complex isometric techniques to add perspective to design shapes.
- Format final illustrations using CAD software.
- Ensure that printed illustrations meet specified color and quality standards.
- Portfolio of completed illustrations.
- Prior work experience as an Illustrator, graphic designer, or similar.
- Work experience using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Drawing, painting and digital drawing skills.
- Knowledge of image editing and design software such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong conceptual and artistic skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in fine arts.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template