Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Kitchen Manager Job Description
We are looking for an experienced Kitchen Manager to oversee the daily operations of our establishment’s kitchen workforce. As the kitchen manager, you will be responsible for overseeing food preparation, ordering supplies, scheduling shifts, and monitoring inventory levels.
To be succeed in this role, the ideal candidate will have proven culinary and management experience. In addition to being an excellent communicator and team player you should also demonstrate outstanding leadership and organizational abilities.
Kitchen Manager Responsibilities:
- Supervise kitchen employees and organize food orders.
- Manage the ordering of materials, supplies, and ingredients based on demand.
- Oversee the food preparation and cooking process.
- Recruit and train kitchen employees in designated stations.
- Monitor inventory levels and perform weekly inventory assessments.
- Work with the restaurant manager to price and change menu items.
- Schedule work shifts for employees.
- Store all food products in compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Ensure the kitchen is clean and organized.
- Maintain weekly and monthly cost reports.
Kitchen Manager Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of kitchen health and safety regulations.
- Ability to work well in a stressful and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict management abilities.
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Restaurant Management or certification from culinary school is required.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template