Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Lead Carpenter Job Description
We are recruiting for a skilled Lead Carpenter to provide supervision to the project team involved in construction projects. As Lead Carpenter your responsibilities include assigning and explaining tasks to the project team, responding to clients’ requests for emergency repairs, and regularly inspecting work done by the project team to ensure that it conforms to certain specifications. You should also be able to help the production manager solve project-related problems.
To succeed as a Lead Carpenter, you should provide regular progress updates to the production manager. Ultimately, an exceptional Lead Carpenter should be able to attend various carpentry seminars to keep abreast of new products and installation methods.
Lead Carpenter Responsibilities:
- Assign and explain tasks to the project team.
- Communicate with clients in order to determine the time frames within which projects should be completed.
- Calculate the amount of labour, time, and materials needed for each project.
- Create and adjust project schedules accordingly.
- Order all construction materials needed for projects.
- Supervise the company’s field carpenters, unskilled and semi-skilled workers, and subcontractors.
- Perform all carpentry duties required, including both rough and finish carpentry.
- Maintain accurate records of all work done by the project team.
Lead Carpenter Requirements:
- Proven experience in residential remodelling or construction.
- Sound knowledge of safety standards and procedures.
- The ability to safely operate power tools.
- The ability to read blueprints.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template