1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Product Designer Job Description
We are hiring for a passionate Product Designer to join our company and develop various new products for our customers. You will work alongside a team of engineers and other professionals to design products to specifications. As one of our Product Designers your responsibilities will include doing thorough market research to determine customer needs and preferences. We expect you to use sketches as well as design software for detailed drawings.
To be succeed as a Product Designer, you should have a keen eye for detail and colour and good knowledge of existing markets, as well as stellar communication skills.
Suitable Product Designers should be able to identify market needs and have the vision to design products that satisfy them.
Product Designer Responsibilities:
- Conduct market research to determine gaps in the market.
- Translate research into feasible ideas and designs that will satisfy consumers.
- Outline specifications for the design team and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the design team and providing helpful feedback on processes.
- Engage with audiences and use sketches, blueprints, and prototypes to gather feedback.
- Using 3D modelling software for detailed designs.
- Produce prototypes and models to test functionality.
- Research tools, materials, and relevant design techniques.
Product Designer Requirements:
- A creative eye, good imagination, and vision.
- A firm grasp of market trends and consumer preferences.
- Practical experience using computer-aided design software.
- Good technical and IT skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizational abilities.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Manufacturing, Engineering, or a related field.