Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Service Coordinator Job Description
We are recruiting for a meticulous, detail-oriented Service Coordinator to evaluate the needs of our customers, make recommendations for new services and suggest improvements to existing services. As Service Coordinator your responsibilities include advocating for the client’s care, explaining the available options, helping to plan services, and keeping records of the services offered. You will Coordinator will help the elderly, clients with medical needs, and low-income families to access any services that they need.
To succeed as a Service Coordinator, you should be service-oriented with excellent organisational and record keeping skills. You should have strong communication and interpersonal skills and should be able to deal with our clients with empathy and compassion.
Service Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Assess the service needs of clients and linking them to the appropriate resources and providers.
- Facilitate programs and services, job training, and transportation.
- Develop a resource directory of local social service agencies and providers for easy access.
- Assist clients with applications for benefits and entitlement programs and assisting clients to live independently in their own homes.
- Advocate for adequate, timely, and cost-effective services and responding to any issues that occur during the delivery of services.
- Schedule appointments for clients, answering phones, and tracking clients’ service records.
- Monitor the services being provided and stay up to date on any services being introduced or discontinued.
- Evaluate the quality of all services and identify areas that need improvements.
- Follow up with clients regularly to assess and ensure their satisfaction.
- Respond to complaints and resolve issues or matching clients with better services.
Service Coordinator Requirements:
- Strong work ethic and service skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Staying up to date with services, policies, and regulations.
- Strong record keeping and analytical skills.
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Psychology, Social Work, or a related field.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?