Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Mortgage Underwriter Job Description
We are recruiting for an experienced Mortgage Underwriter to evaluate and determine the eligibility of loan applications. The Mortgage Underwriter’s responsibilities include analysing and verifying loan applications, evaluating risks, and making loan eligibility decisions.
To succeed as a Mortgage Underwriter should be able to exercise sound judgment based on detailed analysis and ensure that all documentation is in compliance with the relevant regulations.
Mortgage Underwriter Responsibilities:
- Authorise and underwrite loans.
- Review and verify loan applications and supporting documentation.
- Analyse loan risk and request additional information as necessary.
- Prepare reports on assessment findings.
- Make loan eligibility decisions and approving or rejecting applications.
- Review and specify loan conditions as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and guidelines.
- Document and effectively communicating reasons for the approval/rejection of loans.
- Return applications with additional documentation to the loan officer for review.
Mortgage Underwriter Requirements:
- Experience in loan underwriting.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Detail-oriented with strong data analysis skills.
- High mathematical aptitude.
- Good working knowledge of mortgage loan processing and relevant legal regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and automated underwriting systems.
- Degree in business, banking, finance, or a related field.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template