1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Film Editor Job Description
We are recruiting for a Film Editor to capture the vision of the Director. The responsibilities include assessing hours of film, assembling footage, and meeting film deadlines.
To succeed as a Film Editor, you should demonstrate excellent time management skills, the ability to turn a vision into reality, and be highly artistic. Ultimately, a high-quality Film Editor should have exceptional video editing skills, a creative approach to problem-solving, and to be able to work long hours.
Film Editor Responsibilities:
- Read the scripts to understand the vision of the Director.
- Visit set locations during filming.
- Review footage and selecting scenes according to the vision.
- Trim segments of footage.
- Collaborate with Sound Editors, Sound Effects Editors, and Cinematographers.
- Make revisions as per the request of the Director.
Film Editor Requirements:
- Bachelor of Arts in Film and Television, Media or related.
- Previous industry experience.
- Strong knowledge of editing tools, techniques, and software.
- Must be familiar with camera equipment.
- Critical and analytical skills.
- Great patience and concentration.
- Organizational and time management skills.