Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Film Editor Job Description
We are recruiting for a Film Editor to capture the vision of the Director. The responsibilities include assessing hours of film, assembling footage, and meeting film deadlines.
To succeed as a Film Editor, you should demonstrate excellent time management skills, the ability to turn a vision into reality, and be highly artistic. Ultimately, a high-quality Film Editor should have exceptional video editing skills, a creative approach to problem-solving, and to be able to work long hours.
Film Editor Responsibilities:
- Read the scripts to understand the vision of the Director.
- Visit set locations during filming.
- Review footage and selecting scenes according to the vision.
- Trim segments of footage.
- Collaborate with Sound Editors, Sound Effects Editors, and Cinematographers.
- Make revisions as per the request of the Director.
Film Editor Requirements:
- Bachelor of Arts in Film and Television, Media or related.
- Previous industry experience.
- Strong knowledge of editing tools, techniques, and software.
- Must be familiar with camera equipment.
- Critical and analytical skills.
- Great patience and concentration.
- Organizational and time management skills.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template