Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Flagger Job Description
We are recruiting for a Flagger to monitor the flow of traffic around road construction sites. As Flagger your responsibilities will include informing motorists of possible detour routes, reporting disobedient drivers to law enforcement officials, and answering motorists’ questions. You should also be able to direct emergency vehicles safely through construction zones as required.
To succeed as a Flagger, you should have excellent communication skills and be able to work effectively as part of a team. Ultimately, a top-notch Flagger should demonstrate sound knowledge of state traffic regulations as well as exceptional observation skills.
- Use hand signals and direction signs to direct traffic around road construction sites.
- Communicate with other flaggers using hand-held radios to direct two-way traffic onto a single lane.
- Inform the construction crew of any traffic issues that may affect their safety.
- Appropriate position warning and detour signs around construction sites.
- Set up barricades and traffic cones along construction sites to cordon off certain areas.
- Remove all signs, barricades, and traffic cones upon completion of construction work.
- Assist the construction crew in the removal of rubble, debris, and hazardous materials.
- Record the licence plate numbers of motorists who neglect to obey traffic signs and directions.
- Proven experience working as a Flagger.
- Sound knowledge of state traffic regulations.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to work in harsh weather conditions.
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional observation skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?