Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
School Social Worker Job Description
We are recruiting for a compassionate, dedicated School Social Worker to assist in addressing the psychological and social well-being of our students. The School Social Worker’s responsibilities include providing information to students, parents, and school staff, Counselling students with personal and psychological issues, and addressing relevant issues in the school, such as school attendance, illegal drugs, teen pregnancy, and social adjustment issues. The School Social Worker will work with students in one-on-one, classroom, or school-wide sessions.
To succeed as a School Social Worker, you should be dedicated to assisting our students, compassionate, and caring. You will be knowledgeable of outside services, such as shelters, food banks, and medical care.
School Social Worker Responsibilities:
- Counsel students with personal and psychological issues that affect their performance, behaviour, and socialisation in school.
- Provide Counselling sessions, treatment plans, or workshops as necessary and establishing prevention programs and intervention plans.
- Communicate with students to determine the areas in which they may need assistance or Counselling.
- Assist teachers and administrators with behavioural and attitude issues by communicating with students to find the causes of their distress.
- Provide information, when appropriate, to outside support services to help students with economic, emotional, or physical issues.
- Assist at-risk students or students with disabilities.
- Communicate with parents, teachers, and administrators to understand students’ challenges.
- Maintain case files and reports to track students’ progress and problems.
- Help students and families suffering from abuse, violence, hunger, or homelessness to access resources like shelters, food banks, and medical care.
School Social Worker Requirements:
- Experience in School Social Work may be advantageous.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Compassion and empathy for patients and students.
- Professionalism and discretion.
- Good relationships with relevant social services.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Social Work.
- A license and certification to practice Social Work.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template