Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Team Leader Job Description
We are looking for a strong Team Leader to direct our production team. You will be tasked with developing project timelines and delegating the individual components to members of the team, including yourself. You will regularly report on the team’s progress in meetings or through regular email contact or reports.
Should any challenges arise, you will work with the team to reasonably solve the issues quickly and effectively. If a project fails, you must take significant steps to correct the process or eliminate the problems, so that future projects succeed. When a project is a winner, you will document the process so that the success can be reproduced.
Team Leader Responsibilities
- Build trust and camaraderie between team members
- Inspire and motivate teamwork for achieving goals
- Consult frequently with key team members
- Influence valuable changes and positive outcomes
- Encourage new ideas coming from team members
- Recognise and acknowledge the skills of key team members and utilise their strengths to the benefit of the team
- Establish open discussions for decision-making
- Cultivate a unique identity for the team
- Encourage and support independent thinking
- Mediate disagreements between members. Set a behavioural code if necessary
- Define expectations and objectives with the team members.
- Develop an incentive programme
- Evaluate results and provide feedback promptly
Team Leader Requirements
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to make quick and smart decisions under pressure
- Organisational and time-management skills
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template