1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Teller Job Description
We are recruiting for a Teller who will be responsible for customers’ financial transactions. Working as a Teller your responsibilities will include helping customers with basic transactions, ensuring their paperwork is properly completed, ensuring they have the necessary funds available, and ensuring your cash drawer is balanced before and after your shift.
To succeed as a Teller, you should have excellent customer service and communication skills, as well as sales skills to recommend bank products to customers. You should also demonstrate basic math skills and strong attention to detail.
- Assist customers with basic transactions, including making deposits and withdrawals.
- Accept cash, checks, and other forms of payment from customers and keeping deposit slips, checks, and cash in order.
- Verify customers’ identities and ensure the paperwork is properly completed.
- Answer customers’ questions about their accounts and the bank’s services and products.
- Ensure cash and checks are genuine, that deposit amounts and the paperwork agree, and that transactions are accurately entered into the computer system.
- Count cash in your drawer before and after your work shift to ensure it balances.
- Provide special services, such as printing out account balances and histories, ordering cards and checks, closing accounts, issuing cashier’s checks and foreign currency, cashing savings bonds, and processing payments for bills.
- Recommend special products and referring interested customers to specialised bank employees.
- Record all customer transactions electronically.
- Understand and following federal banking laws and bank procedures.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and sales skills.
- Strong math skills and attention to detail.
- Patience and the ability to remain calm and professional.