1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Traffic Marshall Job Description
We are recruiting for a Traffic Marshall to ensure the safe movement of vehicles on our site. As a Traffic Warden, you will be responsible for facilitating the movement of cranes and heavy vehicles on-site, maintaining access control and ensuring that all visitors adhere to site safety regulations. You may also be required to direct traffic on roadways when heavy vehicles enter and leave the worksite.
To succeed as a Traffic Marshall, you should have excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail, and a high level of physical fitness. A suitable Traffic Marshall should be able to boost production rates by understanding traffic flow and communicating clearly with drivers.
Traffic Marshall Responsibilities:
- Record deliveries and manage the visitor logbook.
- Maintain security and surveillance on-site.
- Conduct visitor safety briefings and ensuring that the correct PPE is worn.
- Ensure that drivers and workers adhere to health and safety regulations on-site.
- Maintain communications with the site office and heavy vehicle drivers.
- Facilitate the movement of cranes, dump trucks, and heavy vehicles on-site.
- Ensure the safe movement of vehicles into and out of the construction site.
- Direct road traffic when vehicles enter or exit the site.
- Preserve pedestrian and traffic routes outside of the site entrance.
- Respond to applicable ad hoc requests.
Traffic Marshall Requirements:
- Proven work experience as a Traffic Marshall.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good knowledge of state health and safety regulations.
- Excellent visual awareness.
- Physically fit and able to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to communicate using hand signals.
- Good attention to detail.